County level map background display and displayed data shifting problems

Jeffrey M. Medlin Jeff.Medlin at NOAA.GOV
Fri Dec 4 14:08:01 EST 2009

Hello fellow GrADS users!

  Am new to GrADS.  Trying to figure out how to display '*county*' level
map backgrounds.  Also, when I plot any 2-D field, the data are shifted
eastward (e.g., the map background for a Bay appears further west of its
actual location).  I suspect it may be related to the *set mproj*
command -of which I was running '/scaled/' but am now testing the
/'latlon'/ setting.  I have attached an example */.png/* of the shifting
problem.

Any help appreciated - and thanks to all who may respond.

/Jeffrey/