retrieving vpage info

Muthuvel Chelliah muthuvel.chelliah at NOAA.GOV
Tue Dec 1 13:56:20 EST 2009

The "q gxinfo" tells if it is a landscape or portrait by giving the "page
size" as 11 by 8.5 OR 8.5 by 11. But If I subdivide the total page plot area
into multiple regions (say for example to display multiple x-y plots in a
page) is there any command to give me back the "vpage" dimensions (I mean:
xmin xmax ymin ymax) that are being used. In other words, once a 'set vpage
is declared (computed from within another script and set there - this script
is called from the main script) how do I get that vpage info in the main
script. I hope this is not confusing. Thanks much for your  time.
Muthu