Using oacres

James Reagan jimbo32886 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 20 12:09:37 EDT 2009

Hello,
   I have recently created yearly station data for the Arctic Ocean.  There
are forty levels of data containing the variables temp, salt, and density.
The station data works fine in Grads, however, I would like to create
gridded data from the station data.  I understand using oacres is most
likely the best option, however I have never used gridded data in Grads (I
am very new to Grads).  I've been told to create a dummy gridded data
control file, but I am confused on how I go about this.  My data is yearly
from 1900 to 2009.  The specific region I am looking at is 60-90N and all
longitudes.  I know the first step in writing a gridded data control file is
to define the dataset, but that is the dataset I want to create from the
station data.  I'm just very confused and any input would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Jim