q pos nowait [Sec=Unclassified]

Neil Adams N.Adams at BOM.GOV.AU
Mon Aug 17 19:04:02 EDT 2009

Hi every one,

    I'm trying to write a script that will allow the display of the
coordinates underneath the mouse to be continuously displayed. The
following code snippet will do it but requires the user to click the
mouse to update the position information:

               'set lat -90 -40'
                'set lon 0 180'
                'set cint 4'
                'set ccolor 6'
                'd mslp'
                 while (1)
                  'q pos'
                  x=subwrd(result,3)
                  y=subwrd(result,4)
                  'q xy2w 'x' 'y
                  lon=subwrd(result,3)
                  lat=subwrd(result,6)
                  'draw recf 6.0 0.0 10.0 0.5'
                  'draw string 6.1 0.1 'lat' 'lon
                endwhile

I want the the code to work without having to click. From reading the
manual I though that using 'q pos nowait' instead of 'q pos' would do
the trick but it ends up behaving exactly the same as 'q pos'. Any clues
as to how to get this functionality into a display ? I've tested the
script on v1.9b4 32-bit and on v2.0.a5

Cheers
Neil

Dr. Neil Adams (SPOB),
Regional Manager Antarctic Meteorological Section, Tasmania and Antarctica Region,
Bureau of Meteorology, GPO Box 727 Hobart TAS 7001.
Ph +61 3 62212032       Fax +61 3 62212080      Mobile +61 417331181
Email: N.Adams at bom.gov.au