Any possibility for a truecolor-rgb-lookalike-plot?

Stauffer Reto (UNI) reto.stauffer at STUDENT.UIBK.AC.AT
Mon Aug 17 09:25:50 EDT 2009

Good evening everybody

I have a simple question (for you ;) ). Today i get my first real
experiences with GrADS. I have to produce some MSG-Satellite-Images
for our University. First of all i tried it with MATLAB but the
problem ist, that i cannot reproduce the mproj nps in a 100% justness
with MATLAB (and Matlab is a realy relay bad software for
visualisations in my opinion).

After 15 minutes i had a wonderfull picture with a 100% justness
image, createt with GrADS. But here comes my question.

Is there any possibility to plot something like a truecolor-"pixel
image" with GrADS? My idea is to import a x:x:3-Matrix with RGB-Color-
values into GrADS (Grib-File) and then there should be a possibility
to plot this RGB-lookalike-plot.

Does someone has some experiences here?

Thanks a lot
Best wishes