create single .ctl from multiple .grb

Steven Chan scchan at COAPS.FSU.EDU
Fri Aug 14 14:37:20 EDT 2009

Depending on your file naming convention, you can also try using the
Template option. A templated control file also work with gribmap. You
set your create index file to one file, but the dset to templated grib
filenames.

An example is like:  Say I have bunch of forecast files ordered by
forecast hour (it is actually output from the ECPC regional model):

r_pgb.f** which ** is forecast hour like 00 06 12 etc, and the file is a
grib file
grib2ctl.pl r_pgb.ft00 > control.ctl

Change your control.ctl to like this to reflect you have a group of grib
files:
dset ^ r_pgb.f%f2
options template
|index ^sample.idx|

A gribmap to that control file will link all grib files to one control
and one index file, but you can open all grib files with only just that.

Steven Chan