New Release 2.0.a7

Jennifer Faber j.faber at WEERONLINE.NL
Mon Aug 10 09:00:57 EDT 2009

Hi Jennifer,

Yes this is exactly what I want to achieve! Great!
With this part of the script can I make my own images?
I will try to see if it will work for me...I will let you know!
Thanks a lot for you effort!!

Jennifer
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jennifer Adams
  To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
  Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 2:53 PM
  Subject: Re: New Release 2.0.a7

  On Aug 10, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Jennifer Faber wrote:

    Hi Jennifer

    I was wondering if you and your team are considering adding a feature fto GrADS to colour station value according to their value.
    Until so far there was been no good solution to my problem.

  Here is a script fragment I composed, followed by the image output. I think this is what you are trying to do...

  'set lat 22 55'
  'set lon -130 -60'
  var = 'ts'
  levs = '-15 -10 -5 0 5 10 15'
  cols = '9  4   5  3 7 8  2  6'
  ncols=8
  c=1
  while (c<=ncols)
    col=subwrd(cols,c)
    maxlev=subwrd(levs,c)
    if (c>1)
      minlev=subwrd(levs,c-1)
    endif
    'set ccolor 'col
    'set gxout value'
    'set stat on'
    if (c=1)
      belowmax='(maskout('var',('maxlev'-0.0001)-'var'))'
      'd 'belowmax
    else
      minandabove='(maskout('var','var'-('minlev')))'
      if (c=ncols)
        'd 'minandabove
      else
        belowmax='maskout('minandabove',('maxlev'-0.0001)-'minandabove')'
        'd 'belowmax
      endif
    endif
    c=c+1