KML ouuput

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Mon Apr 13 14:36:13 EDT 2009

By default, when you use 'gxout kml' two files are created: grads.kml
and grads.tif. If you use 'set kml fileroot', then the two files will
have the fileroot that you specify -- with a .kml and a .tif appended.
The .kml file will contain an <href> tag that points to the image file
grads.tif. Although it is possible to change this tag to point to
another image file, it is likely that the the georeferencing
information in the .kml file will become incorrect. The image output
from printim is something different from the image output from 'gxout
kml'. The image file created with 'gxout kml' is a grid of colored
pixels -- no map, no borders, no contours, no axis labels. Think of it
as the equivalent of 'gxout fwrite' but instead of writing out
floating point values, it writes out color index numbers. The output
from 'gxout geotiff' is exactly like the output from fwrite, except
that the format is TIFF and it also contains the georeferencing info
along with the grid of floating point data values.
Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA