REGRID COMMAND FOR LINUX

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 13 10:53:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Raj Kumar Sharma <
rajkumar_62 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to use regrid program, I installed opengrads version for WIndows,
> it is working fine with regrid command
> However when I installed linux version on my PC
> grads-2.0.a5-bin-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
> regrid does not work. Then I tried to install,
>   grads-2.0.a5.oga.4-bundle-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz<http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=161773&filename=grads-2.0.a5.oga.4-bundle-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz&a=8538982>
> but could not install.
>
> Can someone please tell me, simple buinary version for Linux which has
> regrid inbuilt.
> I have Redhat Linux 8 as well as Redhat Enterprise Linux 5. I had tried on
> both.

In the OpenGrADS Bundle v2.0.a5.oga.4, the regridding function re() is
implemented as an "extension" (as it is under Windows. )   You best bet is
to do a bundle installation: untar the Linux distribution and place the
"Contents/" subdirectory in your path and start using it --- that simple.

  If you decide for the "Classic"  (manual) installation method, in order to
enable the OpenGrADS Extensions (needed for the regrid extension re)  you
will need to set two additional environment variables (using
"/usr/local/bin" as an example, replace it with your actual directory name
if you install the binaries elsewhere):

* Bourne shell and variants (sh, bash, ksh, etc.)

  % export GA2UDXT=/usr/local/bin/gex/udxt
  % export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/gex:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

* C-shell (csh, tcsh):

  % setenv GA2UDXT /usr/local/bin/gex/udxt
  % setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/bin/gex:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Omit the last $LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you do not have this variable
already defined. Also, for Mac OS X the environment variable name is
"DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH". On Windows, the gex/ directory should be added to
your PATH (only needed if not using the Superpack). See the attached INSTALL

file for more detail.

However, I strongly suggest that you do a Bundle Installation instead,
specially because you already using the Windows Superpack. For one, you will
have the documentation for the Extensions at your finger tips:
Contents/Documentation.html.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva