convert grib2 to binary format with wgrib2

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Wed Apr 8 13:20:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

In a grib file, the fields can be in any order. With a binary file,
GrADS expects
the fields to be in a specific order. In grib, a missing field is just
not there. In
a binary file, a missing field is an array of missing values.
It is possible rearrange the order of the grib records and to add the
missing fields,
but why?

Wesley Ebisuzaki