scripting question no. 2

Sytske Kimball SKimball at USOUTHAL.EDU
Tue Apr 7 16:06:20 EDT 2009

YES!!! That did it. :))

Thanks a bunch,
Sytske

>>> Stephen R McMillan <smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM> 4/7/2009 3:00 PM >>>
Systske,
What "result" do you get when you type 'd fidst' on the command line?  For example, when I display a variable with x,y,z, and t fixed, I get something like "Result value = 25.38".  You can capture the value by adding something like:
myval=subwrd(result,4)

then you could use myval in your if..endif statement.

Stephen McMillan

Sytske Kimball <SKimball at USOUTHAL.EDU>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
04/07/2009 02:48 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.ITcc
Subject
Re: scripting question no. 2

Good thought, but unfortunately that wasn't it - I'm in landscape mode.
I also tested the print statement by removing the if and endif lines and it works........

Sytske

>>> Semyon Grodsky <senya at atmos.umd.edu> 4/7/2009 2:43 PM >>>
'draw string 8 1 Agricola'
just a thought. If your screen is oriented portrait, then x=8,y=1 is just
on the right edge of the screen. Try 'draw string 5 1 Agricola' to check
if this is an issue.
--S

Semyon Grodsky
Computer and Space Science Building (Bldg. #224), Room 2409
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

Phone:  301-405-5330
Fax:    301-314-9482
E-mail: senya at atmos.umd.edu

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.