grib2 meteogram scripts

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 28 20:41:17 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Habib Amini <habibamini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> How can I transfer an ascii file for vector wind to netcdf file. If you
> know how I can do it please attach to me its script.

GrADS do not handle gridded data in ASCII format. You will have to write a
simple program to have your data converted to a format that GrADS can read
first. Here is a recipe using Fortran:

http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=Recipe-004:_Creating_GrADS_binary_gridded_files_using_FORTRAN

Once the data has been read you can either used lats4d in GrADS v1.9 or the
new sdfwrite feature in GrADS v2.0 to produce NetCDF output.

Now if you are going to write a program anyway, you may want to skip GrADS
altogether and write NetCDF output directly from your program.

Alternatives include using python/perl to read the ASCII data and write your
binary or NetCDF file. One of these days I'll have a recipe for it.

   Arlindo

Best Regards

--
Arlindo da Silva