Performance tuning

Stefan Gofferje gradsusers at GOFFERJE.HOMELINUX.ORG
Tue Sep 16 19:18:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

Jennifer Adams schrieb:

> The 'reinit' command will release all memory, including the grib2 cache.
> The maximum size of the cache is hardcoded in gaio.c:
> #define MAXG2CACHE 500100100
> You can change this to something smaller and recompile GrADS. At some
> point, I will add a command-line switch to set the cache size on
> startup, but haven't gotten to that yet. (The parsing of switches and
> args on startup is a bit of a mess and needs a thorough overhaul).

I modified that. The mem footprint is going down now. However, i am not
so successful with my tests of cpulimit. Is it possible that grads
ignores the SIGSTOP and SIGCONT signals from cpulimit?

Terve,
Stefan

--
Last words of a stormchaser: