Inerpolating/extrapolating to fill missing data

Chris Leather chris at A-CONNECT.CO.UK
Thu Sep 11 18:05:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to create charts from NOAA data and have almost cracked it BUT as
you can see from the attached graphic, I'm ending up with a jagged 'shadow'
around the coasts where the data stops.

I figure what I need to do is somehow extrapolate the data using something
like nearest neighbour algorithm.

So far I haven't worked out how to do this.

I've tried csmooth and cterp and it helps a little.

Maybe this is something that GRADS doesn't do and I need to look at the
degrib process (I know this has an interpolate argument, but it still isn't
enough).

Anyway, if anyone can help it would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris