GrADS on Ubuntu Linux

Ryo Furue furue at HAWAII.EDU
Wed Sep 10 03:36:24 EDT 2008

Hi,

| Hey, You don't need to do these things at all. You can just link
| your /usr/lib/libncurses.so to libtermcap.so.2 and that would
| be OK!

That's very good news!  I've checked that the ncurses library,
or at least its version in Debian, now includes a termcap
emulation layer(*).  I found that is the reason why the
termcap-compat package has been removed.

The method I described, however, can still be used for other
incompatibilities, which you sometimes encounter when you
install programs compiled for other Linux distributions.

Regards,
Ryo