GrADS on Ubuntu Linux

jcrosby jcrosby at SCOTIAWEATHER.COM
Tue Sep 9 12:03:18 EDT 2008

I have Grads 2.0a3 installed on a Ubuntu system right now.  I used the
i686 pre-compiled version that is offered on the site but I had to make
a few tweeks to get around the libtermcap issue.

Heres what I had to do:
install the following Deb packages:
ldso_1.9.11-15_i386.deb
glibc5_5.4.46-15_i386.deb
termcap-compat_1.2.3_i386.deb

I went out and found the lib file called: libg2c.so.0.0.0
(Honestly I don't remember if I found this file on the web, or it came
with one of the Deb packages. I forgot to write that part down)
Added libg2c.so.0.0.0  to /usr/lib then make a Symbolic link to it:
cp libg2c.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/
cd /usr/lib/
ln -s libg2c.so.0.0.0 libg2c.so.0

After I did that I got it working.  It's a fun hack, but it got the job
done for me.

NOTE: I did this a few months back with 2.0a1 and upgraded to 2.0a3 on
the same system.  So I forget where I found all the files. (I kept all
the files on backup and pulled this from the README I made myself)

But I know it works because I've done it on 5 different occasions.

--
Joseph Crosby
Network Administrator
netadmin at scotiaweather.com