udunits error windows XP

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 6 15:04:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Monica Ionita <Monica.Ionita at awi.de> wrote:

> Dear Grads users,
>
> I have a problem with opening *nc* files on Windows XP.
> It seems that the problem comes from the udunits part.
> When I try to open a netcdf file I get the following error message:
>
> udunits(3): Couldn't open units database
> "/usr/local/src/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat": No such file or directory.
> UDUNITS package initialization failure.
>
> I have installed the win32e version.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how I can resolve this problem?

Your best bet is to install a new Win32 build, either v1.9.0-rc1 or v2.0.
COLA has a v2.0 build on their download area:

    http://grads.iges.org/grads/downloads.html

 The opengrads builds for v1.9.0-rc1 and v2.0 are available on sf.net:

   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773

The OpenGrAD build for v2.0 is perhaps a tad easier to install, but
otherwise it should be pretty equivalent to what you find on COLA'a site.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu