Newbie question: how to run large numbers of GRADS jobs

Helly John J. hellyj at UCSD.EDU
Sat Nov 22 15:37:15 EST 2008

Hi.

I've tried to answer this from the documentation but can't find a
definite answer.   I've experimented with the batch mode but this just
seems to turn off the display window.

1. I would like to process 1000s of grib files and generate graphics
files for animations.

2. Can I do this using GrAS in a shell script using the GrADS
scripting language called from within the shell script?

3. Is there some other standard method of doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Cheers.
John Helly, University of California, San Diego
San Diego Supercomputer Center,  Mail Code 0527
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Climate, Atmospheric Science, and
Physical Oceanography, Mail Code 0224
9500 Gilman Dr., La Jolla CA 92093
+01 760 840 8660 mobile / stonesteps (Skype) / stonesteps7 (iChat) /
URL (http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj)