template option for grib index file

Ben-Jei Tsuang btsuang at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 14 00:37:05 EST 2008

Dear GrADS user and Jeniffer:

I have monthly output from ECHAM model of many years. The output is in grib
format. I am using the "cdo" (from Max-Planck-Institue) to create the ctl
file and index file for each month with command as:

cdo -t code.name gradsdes  gribfile

It will create the index file for each month. I am wondering that is it
possible to have template support for the index file as well?

such as

INDEX  ^am1d.T63L31.4.0_%y4%m201.01.gmp
Then, I can use the ctl file to read all the monthly data.

Note that

grib2ctl.pl is not working very well for ECHAM model since the code table is
changing all the time for various version of ECHAM.

Ben

--
Ben-Jei Tsuang
Dept. of Environmental Engineering