Sigma coordinates and vertical sections

Luca Villa villa at FISICA.UNIGE.IT
Thu Nov 13 05:18:02 EST 2008

Dear All,

I use a numerical code that simulates wind fields above complex
topography. All vertical levels are in Phillips sigma coordinates:
terrain following near the terrain and flat at the top of the domain. As
you know, that means that above the sea the sigma levels hight is
constant, but above the land this height is growing shorter.
I would like to plot a vertical section, XZ or YZ, where the vertical
coordinate is the "real" height above terrain level of each u, v and w
wind components. I put in the binary matrix for GRADS u, v, w and the
real hight value above sea level of each node.

Does anybody can help me?
Let me know if you need more information about it.

Thanks in advance.
Luca

--

Dott. Ing. VILLA Luca