Grads answers different on different machines with same version...any idea?

slovoed slovoed slovoed123 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 7 06:12:02 EST 2008

did you check whether the data format is the same in different system? as I know,  in windows and solaris, they use different format like little or big endian. If you use the same data to run in different system, it might be the reason.

slovoed

________________________________
From: Mald MM5 <maldmm5 at GMAIL.COM>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Friday, November 7, 2008 12:04:44 PM
Subject: Grads answers different on different machines with same              version...any idea?

Hi there,

I have got grads 1.8SL11 running on an AIX system running UNIX at my institution and the am using it fine. I get the results I expected using this version.
However I downloaded version 1.8SL11binary for linux at home and installed on my PC running openSuse 11.0. I used the same data file and the control file that I was using at the institution.

To my surprise, I do not get the same output. For example I was trying to view the terrain heights. At home, the contour intervals are given as "Contouring: -4.5e+37 to 0 interval 5e+36". Whereas at the institution I get "Contouring: 0 to 1.8 interval 0.2". And for all the fields its doing the same.

Any ideas why this might be happening. I downloaded the latest version 2.0 from the link i686 at home. And ended up the same. Something to do with my system?

Thanks
Mald