pygrads and grads v2.0

Meredith Croke mcroke at AIRDAT.COM
Wed Nov 5 14:17:02 EST 2008

Hi,
I am trying to use pygrads for the main purpose of using blue_marble for a
background image.  Once pygrads starts up, I am able to open a file and
display a variable.  However, exchanging data with python or any of the
examples after this in the Pygrads Interactive Shell does not seem to be
working, including plotting a variable on the blue_marble basemap. When I
follow the example for exporting an expression and type dd speed, I get the
following response:
raise GrADSError, "IPC extension not available - cannot import!"
GrADSError: 'IPC extension not available - cannot import!'

Is there any known problems with using gradsv2.0?  Any other suggestions as
to how this can be addressed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Meredith