NOMADS servers

Derek Goring nztideman at YAHOO.CO.NZ
Thu May 22 01:17:21 EDT 2008

What has happened to all the NOMADS servers?

  I download analyses from the hi res (1 deg) GFS model to give historical pictures of wind and pressure fields to track the origin of long-wave events.

  nomads6 is still available, but it is missing data for 20080515 to 20080518.  Previously, when this happened I could get the data from another server, but none of them seem to work anymore.  For example, nomads1 and nomads2 are there, but they have only "rotating" data.

  Are there some other servers I can get these data from?

Derek Goring
Mulgor Consulting Ltd
24 Brockworth Place
Christchurch, New Zealand