Vertical cross section with unit in meters

マウロ suga.m.aa at M.TITECH.AC.JP
Tue May 13 02:17:12 EDT 2008

Dear Grads-folks,

I have a doubt regarding how to build a vertical cross section with unit
in meters.

I checked the z levels, and I have a question. When I see the map in a
top view, I can see with degree units for both latitude and longitude.
When I check Z levels, I have the following results:

set z 1

LEV set to 0.02858 0.02858

ga> set z 2

LEV set to 0.09623 0.09623

ga> set z 3

LEV set to 0.19107 0.19107

ga> set z 4

LEV set to 0.3117 0.3117

ga> set z 5

LEV set to 0.46316 0.46316

ga> set z 6

LEV set to 0.65523 0.65523

ga> set z 7

LEV set to 0.89007 0.89007

ga> set z 8

LEV set to 1.4059 1.4059

ga> set z 9

LEV set to 2.18193 2.18193

ga> set z 10

LEV set to 2.95712 2.95712

ga> set z 11

LEV set to 3.73256 3.73256

ga> set z 12

LEV set to 4.50885 4.50885

ga> set z 13

LEV set to 5.28639 5.28639

ga> set z 14

LEV set to 6.06448 6.06448

ga> set z 15

LEV set to 6.84286 6.84286

ga> set z 16

LEV set to 7.62206 7.62206

ga> set z 17

LEV set to 8.40141 8.40141

ga> set z 18

LEV set to 9.18011 9.18011

ga> set z 19

LEV set to 9.95822 9.95822

ga> set z 20

LEV set to 10.7364 10.7364

ga> set z 21

LEV set to 11.5152 11.5152

ga> set z 22

LEV set to 12.2951 12.2951

ga> set z 23

LEV set to 13.077 13.077

ga> set z 24

LEV set to 13.8624 13.8624

ga> set z 25

LEV set to 14.6575 14.6575

ga> set z 26

LEV set to 15.4714 15.4714

ga> set z 27

LEV set to 16.3074 16.3074

Does it mean the values are in kilometers? Anyhow, I would like to make
a vertical cross section in meters or kilometers. If the values above
exposed are not in meters or kilometers, how can I convert into?

Thanks in advance,
Mauro