Matthias Munnich <munnich at ATMOS.UCLA.EDU>

Manish Singh singhmanish1010 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 9 05:31:25 EDT 2008

Hello dear SIR ,

I have a problem in instalation of eofgrads version 0.155 at sgi
machine.As i am confused about udft.txt.
My installation steps are given below -----------
1.I have downloaded tar file from
http://www.atmos.ucla.edu/~munnich/Grads/EOF/ for sgi machine .
2.I have extract it and move eof.gs to script file.
3.I have set user defined function
setenv GAUDFT /usr/people/msingh/grads/udft
 in .cshrc file.(c-shell) ,

4.I have written a udft table file at /usr/people/msingh/grads/udft
as like this
eofudf 2 6 expr value value value value char
sequential
/usr/local/bin/eofudf<-- Your path to the eofudf executable
eofudf.in
eofudf.out
FIRST PROBLEM IS IN GRADS STARTING --
1.FORMAT ERROR IN USER DEFINED FUNCTION TABLE :
  Processing function name :
  File name is :/usr/people/msingh/grads/udft

OUTPUT OF q udft gives -
eofudf  Args:2 6 EXEC:/usr/local/bin/eofudf

2.Next problem is in doing EOF --
> eof(temp)
Writing data to transfer file...
      Executing eofudf binary ...
      EOFUDF Version 0.15
 Fatal ERROT in eofudf:(Error NO.  -1).
 Error opening input transfer file
STOP 1
Error from eofudf:Error reading from transfer file
 File name :eofudf.in
Operation Error :Error from eofudf function
Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error : Invalid expression
Expression =eofudf(temp,12,12,-1,70,temp_)
eof.gs :First call of eofudf returned Error . STOP

Error from eofudf: Error opening transfer file
  File name: eofudf.out
Operation Error:  Error from eofudf function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = eofudf(temp,12,12,-1,70,zprs_)
   eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP