NEW RELEASE of GrADS 2.0.a2

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri May 2 12:40:25 EDT 2008

Dear All,
I have posted a new version of GrADS:  2.0.a2. This version has
several new features and important bug fixes. The GrADS downloads web
page (http://iges.org/grads/downloads.html) has also been updated
with links to the source code and two binary releases (more binaries
to follow as soon as possible).

     Features:
     * ready for use with GDS-2.0 to access 5-dimensional data sets
via OPeNDAP
     * support for thinned grib2 grids
     * gribmap has -0 option for grib2
     * allows non-float data types for hdf coordinate axes

     Bug Fixes:
     * memory leak when replacing an existing defined variable
     * multiple fixes for netcdf/hdf handling (templating, zrev, %
nodim%, et al.)
     * contour interval and label handling for double precision numbers
     * changed 'query dims' output for ensembles
     * fixed gribmap's handling of data sets templated over T but not E
     * fixed 'set annot' command and other minor bugs

This release is a companion for GDS 2.0, which can now serve 5-D data
sets. COLA is running a 2nd GDS for testing on port 9191 that is
serving everything on the 9090 server plus GFS ensemble forecasts.
Check 'em out at
      http://monsoondata.org:9191/dods/gfsens/
A public release of GDS 2.0 is forthcoming -- we are still testing.
If you'd like to help, please try using the 9191 server.

Please post comments and questions and bug reports here (low-tech bug
tracking is still in use at COLA). As always, I must be able to
reproduce a problem on my own systems in order to fix it, so keep
that in mind when reporting bugs.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams