switching longitures

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 27 16:25:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Dan Schwarzkopf <Dan.Schwarzkopf at noaa.gov>
wrote:

> if I have a netCDF file (opened using sdfopen) where the longitude
> extent is from 0 to 360 (latitude is -90 to 90), what is the simplest
> way to create a plot extending from -180 to 180 in longitude with that
> data  properly located?

This can be as simple as

ga-> set lon -180 180
ga-> d something

If this only plots half of the globe is because GrADS failed to recognize
your grid as being zonally periodic. This can happen when your delta-lon is
something like 2/3, and precision issues come into play. There are work
arounds, but let's see if this is a problem for you first.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu