praise_city1 at HOTMAIL.COM

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 18 10:59:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Manish Singh <singhmanish1010 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi , i need  your help regarding installation of eofgrads 0.155 version on
> windows xp. So as i am new grads user ,so plz tell me the detail
> information of installation of eofgrads.
>
> So many thanks to you.

Unless someone can provide you with pre-compiled binaries, you best bet is
to install a fortran compiler. For example get the free gfortran from:

     http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

and build eofgrads as per the instructions that come with the package. You
may want also to consult the GrADS documentation on UDFs as well:

     http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/udf.html

As an alternative, it is fairly simple to compute EOFs with PyGrADS (Python
interface to GrADS). For example,

 ga.open("slp.nc")
 ga("set t 1 41")
 v, d, pc = ga.eof('slp')

Consult the OpenGrADS Wiki for more information:

  http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Python_Interface_to_GrADS

There are self-installing packages for Windows. In particular, there is a
"Superpack" for those with no Python whatsoever installed on their system.
Take a look at sf.net:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=256758

 Good Luck,

     Arlindo