New wgrib2 binaries?

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 16 20:51:39 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Pierre Cassar <cassar at pilotbook.eu> wrote:

> Hi all,
> where can I find the new wgrib2 1.7.1 binaries for Freebsd 6?
> I tried to download the source and compile it but I obtained only tons
> of build error messages. I'm not a computer programmer so I can't
> figure out what to do.
> Can anyone help?
> Thank you very much.

I have posted wgrib2 v1.7.1 binaries for FreeBSD and other platforms, along
with modified sources, on sf.net:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=263736

If you would like to build from sources I have some instructions here:

 http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_Wgrib2_from_Sources

These sources are based on the wgrib2 v1.7.1 sources from NCEP's ftp site,
but the build mechanism has been modified to use the GNU autotools and the
supplibs, plus some other local patches. See the ChangeLog for additional
information. For this reason the version string is "1.7.1.oga.3";  "oga.3"
means OpenGrADS patch 3 on top of the original v1.7.1.

As part of testing the new build mechanism I have compiled wgri2 on a number
of platforms. I have posted these binaries on the site above in case people
want to help me verify that they are portable and work just as well as the
original built from NCEP's sources.

  Please let me know of any problems.

        Arlindo.

PS: If you are able to build wgrib2 from these sources on a platform not
included above, and would like to contribute your binaries for posting on
sf.net please contact me directly.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu