Overlay different resolution grids using OpenGrADS re()

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 23 13:37:00 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Mike Johnson <Mike.W.Johnson at noaa.gov>
wrote:

> Arlindo - I hadn't thought about UNDEF...I checked that with "set gxout
> stat" as you suggested and discovered that undefined data were tagged with
> 1e+36, after putting that in my ctl file - it worked.
>
> I had assumed that there was no undefined data...I'm still not sure why
> there would be in this data set.  Anyway...the -9999.0 that was in there
> previously, I just made up to satisfy GrADS complaint to list it.

 It is possible to create UNDEFs at the boundaries when interpolating to a
regional domain. A common trick is to enlarge your domain by a gridpoint at
the boundaries (or 2 if using higher order interpolation), do the
interpolation, and then return your dimension environment to the desired
domain before fwriting the data to a file.

     Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu