area averaging for climatology

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Fri Jun 20 12:05:56 EDT 2008

Teddy,

Maybe the GrADS "modify" command may help?
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdmodify.html
'set t 1 12'
'define sstclim = ave(sst, t+0, t=600, 12)'
'modify sstclim seasonal'
'set t 1 last'
'define anom = sst - sstclim'

Chuck

--

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/