Gribmap for GrADS 2.0.a2 with template option issue? (grib2 files)

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Jun 6 14:17:45 EDT 2008

Uwe,
There's no need to have a separate descriptor file for each member --
that's the whole purpose of the E dimension, to aggregate members
into a single data set! An example of a GFS ensemble descriptor file
with full EDEF is here:
    http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gfsens.ctl

Specifically, what your descriptor needs, is this:
edef 1
20  33  00z05jun2008  3,20
endedef

The name "20" is a guess from your filename. If you want to template
over E, change DSET to
dset ^gens_%e_2008060500z_P%f3.grib

Then get the ensemble grib codes from the grib2scan output (grep on
"Ens") or from the gribmap -v output (look for "ens=")

The EDEF documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/
descriptorfile.html#EDEF

Jennifer

jma at cola.iges.org