Bug with MINing in script?

Paul emck pemck at GMX.NET
Mon Jul 14 16:18:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
This script will not return a value, hence neither write something sensible
to the text file. When executing the script until *Here and then manually
enter 'd min(minair,lon=290,lon=300)' into the GrADS command line it does
return the desired value perfectly (-1.70758).
Somebody a hint? Thanks, I would really appreciate some!

(This script is simplified; it calculates zonal maximum negativ anomalies.
I stripped the loops etc. for clearness)

------script begin---------
'reinit'
'c'
file='lat100N.txt'
'sdfopen air.day.sig995.ltm.nc'
'sdfopen air.sig995.1948.nc'

'set lon 290 300'
'set lat 10'

'define minair=air.2(t=1)-273.15-air.1(t=1)'

*Here

'd min(minair,lon=290,lon=300)'

val=subwrd(result,4)
OK=write(lat100N.txt,val,append)

------script end---------

Config Grads: v1.8SL11 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats
printim