Cross section using maskout for terrain

Bill Bua Bill.Bua at NOAA.GOV
Wed Jul 2 12:18:50 EDT 2008

Dan --

I suspect it's because you're using lev, which is discretized into
layers, and shading, resulting in 'boxy' plots to the nearest level set
up in your control file and "masking out" anything that has a value of
your variable t1pm1-lev < 0.  The plot of t1pm1-lev is smooth because of
the plotting routine used for contours.

I'm not sure if this will work better, but perhaps you can use the model
topographic height if it's available and subtract the height of the
'lev' pressure surfaces as an alternative.  Your mask might look more
like the topography than the levels if you do so.

Hope this helps.

Bill Bua