Win32 Binaries in v1.9.0-rc1

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 30 19:25:14 EST 2008

Dear Mr Arlindo,

     Thank you.

     I use Window XP which is installed with Norton
Internet Security [Personal Firewall and Norton
Antivirus are set to on. This does not pose any
problem to my old GrADS version.]  Based on your
guidance, the initial partial problems I encountered
when using the unzipped copy of
Grads-1.9.0-rc1.win32-superpack.zip are:-

    (1) From the windows command line, I set the
Microimages server display to local host [e.g. a) cd
c:\mix_win; b) set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0]. This was
followed by clicking the server icon from my windows
desktop.
    (2) Then I opened another windows command line and
grads worked in batch mode by typing grads -b after
cd:\a\pcgrads\win32\grads -b.  But the graphic window
did not turn up even though I could sdfopen
c:\...\vwnd.1997.nc file. [In my old version, after
clicking the grads icon, the GrADS command line and
graphic windows appear in Microimages server. I do not
need to go to the windows command line to do that.]

     I am not good at computer. Probably I did
something wrong or missed out some steps.  I shall try
to make another attempt again tonight and inform you
my outcome accordingly.

     Best regards.

Ooi See Hai