GRADS plotting program

Alex Fierro iwonagain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 14 19:18:36 EST 2008

Hi Aaron:

Just out of curiosity, It seems that you are working on hurricane lightning,
which was the main topic of my PhD and of my future postdocs at the
Hurricane Center and LANL. I am more concentrated on modeling the lightning
within real cases. I published an idealized simulation of lightning within a
hurricane like vortex (if you are interested just let me know).
If you have any publication on this topic, I would be very interested in
reading them.

Cheers,

Alex-

On Jan 14, 2008 4:54 PM, Mr Aaron Pratt <aspratt2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a GrADS script that I've used in the past to plot up points of
> forecasted tropical cyclogenesis in the Atlantic basin. The script was set
> up to read a text file with lat and lon (with lon varying from 0 to 360),
> and it would plot the points on a map. I want to modify the script so that I
> can plot up lightning strikes. I have the original script (which I've
> attached to this email), but not the ctl file that needed to be open. When I
> initially ran the script, I was told that the ctl file was a "dummy" file. i
> don't have that ctl file, but I was wondering how I could create another ctl
> file for this script. Thanks in advance to all who might be able to help,
>
> Aaron

Alexandre Fierro
PhD
School of Meteorology University of Oklahoma /
National Severe Storms Laboratory (NOAA)

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute, and its longer than any hour.
That's relativity."
                              -Albert Einstein-