problem display contents in hdf file

li zhao janelizhao at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 12 14:34:54 EST 2008

Hi Brian,

I think the problem is not with scale_factor and
add_off. Also, I did  "ncdump" on that hdf file and
figured out the variables and included them in the ctl
file when I posted my question in the previous mail.

Infact I ran this script on GrADS v1.9b4 on alpha
machine. However when I run the same version of grads
on LINUX X86_64, the script gives error messages as I
mentioned in the last mail.

For your information I am attaching the errors again:
 ga-> d lst_day_cmg
HDF-SDS Read Error for dtype UINT16
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'lst_day_cmg'
Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
Expression = lst_day_cmg

Please also see the attached ctl file:

 dset ^MOD11C3.A2000061.004.2004116185101.hdf
 dtype hdfsds
 options yrev
 undef 0s
 unpack scale_factor add_off
 xdef 7200 linear -180.0 0.05
 ydef 3600 linear  -90.0 0.05
 zdef 1 levels 1
 tdef 1 linear 1jan1989 1dy
 vars 16
 LST_Day_CMG=>lst_day_cmg 1 z,y,x Monthly daytime
 3min
 CMG Land-surface Temperature
 QC_Day=>qc_day 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Day_view_time=>day_view_time 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 Day_view_angl=>day_view_angl 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 Clear_sky_days=>clear_sky_days 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 LST_Night_CMG=>lst_night_cmg 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 QC_Night=>qc_night 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Night_view_time=>night_view_time 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 Night_view_angl=>night_view_angl 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 Clear_sky_Night=>clear_sky_night 0 y,x Sea surface
 temperature
 Emis_20=>emis_20 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Emis_22=>emis_22 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Emis_23=>emis_23 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Emis_29=>emis_29 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Emis_31=>emis_31 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 Emis_32=>emis_32 0 y,x Sea surface temperature
 endvars

regards
Zhao