Grads times series output to ASCII format

brian vant-hull brianvanthull at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 9 14:44:01 EST 2008

GrADS is pretty much designed to avoid ASCII, but you
can try using the 'write' function to print ascii to a
file.  It's listed in the user's guide under
'functions that complement the scripting language'.

 I don't know if it will write entire arrays at once.
If not, it might be cleaner to write everything to
binary files first ('set fwrite filename; set gxout
fwrite; print'), then write a simple fortran program
to convert from binary to ascii. This will also give
you better formatting control.  IDL, MatLab, etc can
do this as well, but cannot be easily called by a
shell script.

--- FANIRIANTSOA Rija Fidèle <frijaf at MAIL2SCIENCE.COM>

<http://www.relevantads.biz/fc/Ioyw36XI0HF2A5P50CTKi3FaopAhCHtAh0MBEyF7U

> votre e-mail GRATUIT avec 10 Mo sur <a
> href="http://www.mail2france.com"

Brian Vant-Hull