grib2ctl.p / grib problem

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Wed Jan 9 09:52:59 EST 2008

Ron,

       Grib2ctl.pl now has an array ($allow_profile) which defines
whether a vertical
coordinate can generate a vertical profile and whether the top has big
or small values.

# vertical levels allowd, index = grib level number
# 100 = mb, 103=m above msl 105-m above ground 107=sigma 109=hybrid
level 111=cm down 113=K
# 115=mb above ground 125=cm above ground 160=m below sea level
$allow_profile[20] = '+';
$allow_profile[100] = '-';
$allow_profile[103] = '+';
$allow_profile[105] = '+';
$allow_profile[107] = '-';
$allow_profile[109] = '+';
$allow_profile[111] = '-';
$allow_profile[113] = '+';
$allow_profile[115] = '+';
$allow_profile[125] = '-';
$allow_profile[160] = '-';
$allow_profile[235] = '-';

You can add the "kpds6" to the above table.  To see the kpds6, use
"wgrib grib_file"

               Wesley

PS Before anyone complains, I just fixed the spelling error.