wrong coordinates when plotting from an .nc file

brian vant-hull brianvanthull at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 7 08:58:07 EST 2008

Hi Costas;
I hope to do something similar in the near future, but
haven't started work on it yet.   What I want to do is
feed in the data plus somewhat irregular (but
gridlike) lat and lon, and get out the data in a
projection that GrADS will plot.

It looks like the projections described in the user
manual *might* do this, but I haven't figured out how
to feed in the original unprojected lat lon data.  I
fear the lat lon grids are expected to be already
mercator projected.  If so I'll have to use IDL or
MatLab to warp my grid to the projection first, or
write a rebinning program and perhaps lose some
resolution.

Anyone else out there: do we need to warp our data to
a given projection outside of GrADS, or will GrADS do
this for us?  I see no provision for feeding arbitrary
lat/lon grids into grads.

(unless plotting as station data - though it doesn't
look like this will provide contoured output.)

Brian Vant-Hull
917-318-4481