Need help in using GRADS for Windows to plot GRIB data

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 7 01:59:16 EST 2008

Hi Ms Nguyen,

   (1) Your hhca50.dat is not a grib data but an ascii
file.  You might have done some conversion onto it.
   (2) I downloaded a hhca50 file for 00Z on 6 January
2008.
   (3) Based on your information given, I wrote a .ctl
file for you. [You can use wgrib -v hhca50 to get the
variable code, i.e. 7,100,500]. Gribscan utility is
not meant to create .ctl file.
   (4) Use gribmap -v -i hhca50.ctl to obtain the
index file, viz. hhca50.idx
   (5) From window version of GrADS,
       open d:\jmatest\hhca50.ctl, then you can get
the analysis you need.

    The above-mentioned relevant files are attached
herewith for your reference.  Hope this helps.

    Best regards.

(Mr) OOI See Hai
a retired meteorologist in Malaysia