software on station data

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 30 04:53:34 EDT 2008

Dear Mr Tsuang,

      I use window version of GrADS.

      In your tar file, there is a stngrads.cpp.  After compiling, I noted the following warning [I placed the station.h in the \include of my C++ compiler] :-

Compiling...
stngrads.cpp
D:\software\GrADS\utility\stngrads\station.h(76) : warning C4305: '=' : truncation from 'const double' to 'float'
D:\software\GrADS\utility\stngrads\station.h(78) : warning C4305: '=' : truncation from 'const double' to 'float'
D:\software\GrADS\utility\stngrads\station.h(79) : warning C4305: '=' : truncation from 'const double' to 'float'
D:\software\GrADS\utility\stngrads\stngrads.cpp(239) : warning C4101: 'tstr' : unreferenced local variable

stngrads.obj - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

        May I know how to eliminate these warnings ?

        By examining your lonlat.txt and lonlat.ctl, I note that there are 6 variables in the .ctl file [In your .cpp, there is a remark that only one variable for one .ctl file.  In the lonlat.ctl, there are 6 variables. I am confused.].  Can you let me know the exact correspondence of these variables with those columns in the text ?  Also, your tdef shows 6 linear 12z18jan1994 1 yr.  I could not figure these out from your lonlat.txt.  Sorry. Please help.

       Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ooi See Hai