Relative Vorticity Contouring

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 6 22:50:50 EDT 2008

Dizzle,

A comment about your script: why haven't you used a loop instead
of repeating the plot commands 33 times? This page might help you:

http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/script.html

And below I give you an example of how I would have done it.
By the way... If you want to see the animation in the screen only,
you can use the command xanim.gs and set the contour levels
and interval between each plot:

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/xanim.gs

Hope that helps,
Henrique

'reinit'
'clear'
'open Debby.ctl'
'set display color black'
'set mpdset hires'
'set z 13'

tt=1
while (tt<=33)
'clear'
'set t 'tt
'set clab off'
'run rgbset.gs'
'd hcurl(u,v)'
'run cbar.gs'
'draw title Tropical Storm Debby: 2006-08-05_0000'
* I am using tt as the file name but you could 'query time' and then
* mount the name as you wish using sublin(), subwrd() and substr().
'printim 'tt'.png x1600 y1200'
tt=tt+1
endwhile