composites

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Apr 23 17:01:46 EDT 2008

Re-submitted to Users Group. SMc

Stephen R. McMillan/Planalytics
04/23/2008 04:00 PM

teddyallen at yahoo.com
cc

Subject
Re: composites

Teddy,
If you're trying to do a straight average of the different timesteps, try
something like the following:

'define comp=(var(t=400)+var(t=424)+var(t=532)+var(t=664))/4'
'd comp'

where comp=composite and var=your variable, assuming all timesteps (in
this case) are within the same data file.

Stephen Mc

Teddy Allen <teddyallen at YAHOO.COM>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
04/23/2008 03:42 PM
Please respond to
teddyallen at yahoo.com

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
composites

Dear GrADS users,
I would like to create a composite image of non-sequential time periods.
In my dataset, I would like to composite t=400, t=424, t=532, and t=664
into one contour. I am competent in creating averages with sequential time
steps, but am unable to create averages for times that are irregular in
pattern.
I have searched the on-line archives, but did not locate an answer. Does
any body have a suggestion? ( I am using GrADS version 1.8SL11 on a PC.)

Thank you,
Teddy Allen

To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together. --- African Proverb

Be a better friend, newshound, and

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.