Bar Charts

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Mon Apr 21 18:01:23 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Steven Weiss wrote:

> Hi Jennifer,
>
> The skip and xlpos option works nicely!
>
> Only thing with the skip() is that the bars get spaced quite far
> appart.
That's right, because you're skipping values, it won't let you draw
over the gap between bars. GrADS keeps you honest.

> Any way I can get them closer to together?
> If I change the ctl file to 6hr steps, I get the bars as I need
> them but the variables seem to return incorrect values.
> Gribmap is unhappy reports some errors which I think is part of the
> problem.

The underlying data should always be the same, it's just a matter of
how you map into onto your time axis. One way to check is to draw all
the bars (no skip, 3hr increments) then open the 2nd data set (6hr
increment) and overlay to make sure the data values are the same. If
they aren't, then something's wrong with the way you've described the
data. If gribmap is unhappy, send the output from gribmap -v and the
relevant bits from your descriptor files.
Jennifer

jma at cola.iges.org