GFS Grib-2 files

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 19 09:41:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Wesley Ebisuzaki <Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov>
wrote:

> Not really.  I've steering people off nomadX.ncep.noaa.gov to
> http://www.ftp.ncep.noaa.gov.

   This is a nice site with potentially very useful information, including
satellite imagery (which I am hoping to integrate transparently into
PyGrADS). If we only knew what those files were... All it takes is a simple
HEADER.html on each directory explaining what the different
subdirectories/file categories are. Perhaps just a couple of hours from
someone with such knowledge but it could save many people a lot of time.

  To whom at NCEP should we send this request? Is there some form of "ticket
system" (i.e. trackable) for such user requests?

  Thank you,

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva