Bar Charts

Eric Altshuler ela at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Apr 18 12:27:54 EDT 2008

Hi Jennifer,

I thought the skip function was only for horizontal dimensions (X,Y). You are suggesting that it also works for T (or even Z)?

Eric

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jennifer Adams" <jma at COLA.IGES.ORG>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 7:59:33 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Bar Charts

On Apr 16, 2008, at 8:31 AM, Steven Weiss wrote:

Hi,

I solved the 3 hr interval issue below by changing the ctl file to 6hr
steps. The skip() function would have done the trick too:
set t 1 last
set x 1
set y 1
d skip(var,2)

Can anyone help me on the multiple lines for X axis???

Similar to the time step but I want to do my own labelling.
The following may achieve your desired result -- I used 'q gxinfo' to get the x and y limits of the plot, which were

Page Size = 11 by 8.5
X Limits = 2 to 10.5
Y Limits = 0.75 to 7.75

Then I used these commands:Â

'set xlpos -0.4'
'set xlabs k | l | m | n | o '
'set grads off'
'd t'
'set line 0'
'draw recf 1.98 0.27 10.52 Â 0.70'
'set xlpos -0.2'
'set xlabs f | g | h | i | j '
'd t'
'draw recf 1.98 0.47 10.52 Â 0.70'
'set xlpos 0'
'set xlabs a | b | c | d | e '
'set ccolor 1'
'd t'

Where t is a 1-dimensional time series. The labels "a" through "o" can be modified to suit your needs -- they can have more than one character and will be centered on each tic mark. The 'draw recf' commands are to cover up the extra axis line that you don't want to see. Another option is to use 'draw string' for each line of every tic label, but that may be more work than the above.Â

Jennifer

Regards
Steven