g2gdf.pl part2

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 17 19:26:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Mark Sponsler <msponsler at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hi Arlindo,
> Yeah - this is a tricky bug.
>
> OK - here's the result of trying to get to model_25.gdf
>

> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> P:\>set PATH=c:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\win32;%PATH%
>
> P:\>gradsc -l
> Starting X server under /Xming
> Starting gradsc under c:\PROGRA~1\PCGRAD~2\win32 ...
> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9.0-rc1
> Copyright (c) 1988-2007 by Brian Doty and IGES
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
> Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
> GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> See file COPYRIGHT for more information
> Config: v1.9.0-rc1 32-bit little-endian readline lats athena printim
> Issue 'q config' command for more information.
> GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
> ga-> g2_open model_25.gdf
> Scanning description file:  model_25.gdf
> Open Error:  Can't open description file
> ga-> g2_open c:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\data\model_25.gdf

Scanning description file:  c:\Program

This is the reason why I no longer default to "c:\Progran Files" anymore:
GrADS does not handle spaces in file names too well. In this case it is
taking "c:\Program" as the filename. Since we are trying desperately get
something that works first (then make it robust), let's start GrADS from
where the data is:

cd c:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\data
grads
ga-> g2_open model_25.gdf
ga-> g2_verb      <---- this is a separate command
ga-> d g2(tmpprs)

(or else refer to the file as "c:\progra~1\pcgrads19\data\model_25.gdf" as
in the old ms-dos days.)

  At this point I am trying to sort out if you have a problem generating the
gdf/inv pair, or whether for some strange reason grib2.gex cannot read these
on your machine. I'll try your gdf/inv's on my windows box and see what
happens.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva