g2gdf.pl part2

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Tue Apr 15 23:58:23 EDT 2008

Arlindo,
I can't download the .pl files from http://opengrads.org/devel/win32/
Receive Windows IE error message about the files not being found.

Can you just email them to me (less the extension)?

--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Mark,

  Please download g2gdf/g2ctl, .pl and .exe versions, from:

           http://opengrads.org/devel/win32/

  Then grab a gfs forecast, say

 ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2008041512/gfs.t12z.pgrb2bf06

and try this (.exe version):

g2gdf -verf gfs.t12z.pgrb2bf06

  I'd expect the attached .gdf/.inv files to be produced. Start grads and type

ga-> g2_open gfs.t12z.pgrb2bf06.gdf
ga-> set lev 825
ga-> d g2(tmpprs)

  Does it work for you? The plot is attached. I tried this with Strawberry perl, another native Win32 build:

  http://strawberryperl.com/

  The same should work with ActiveState perl. Let me know if it doesn't, and I'll install it and give it a try. However, the .exe files were created with Strawberry perl and should work as is --- no need for perl to be installed on your machine at all.

  Good Luck,

     Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva