OpenGrADS Extensions r2 uploaded

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 4 12:00:42 EDT 2008

Dear Mr Arlindo,

     I look forward to the release of your Win32
superpack.  Meanwhile, as regards the documentation,
there is a need of logging in.  Can I just simply
create the user name and password of my own to access
it ?

     Thank you.

Ooi See Hai

--- Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU> wrote:

> All,
>
>   I have uploaded to sf.net Release 2 of the
OpenGrADS extensions for GrADS v1.9.0-rc1. See Release
Notes below. Sources and binaries can be downloaded
from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=256757

> Besides a full set of documentaion, we have added
support for reading Grib-2 in v1.9 through a function
(quite functional but not the  same as the native
Grib-2 support in GrADS v2), and support for
displaying shapefiles in GrADS.
> The over 30 functions in Libbjt are now fully
documented, including its statistical,
thermodynamical, advection and integration functions -
check it out. The Poisson solver fish has been
improved with functions to compute streamfunction and
velocity potential directly from u and v.

> A revised Win32 Superpack will be available in the
next week or so. Notice that these extensions do not
yet work with GrADS v2, neither will it work with
v1.9b4.

>   Let me know of any problems,
>
>   Cheers,
>
>        Arlindo

> Version 1.9.0-2, 2008-04-02
> ---------------------------
>
> This is the Release 2 of the OpenGrADS Extensions
for GrADS v1.9.0-rc1. The following 2 new packages are
provided:

>     * Grib2 - Reading Grib-2 Files in GrADS v1.9
>     * Shape - Plotting of Shapefiles (basemaps,
etc.)

> Documentation has been added and revised for the
remaining packages:

>     * Env - Setting and retrieving environment
variables
>     * Fish - Streamfunction and Velocity Potential
>     * GsUDF - Writing User Defined Functions as
GrADS Scripts
>     * GxYAT - Highy quality images in PNG,
> Postscript, PDF and SVG formats
>     * Libbjt - Ben-Jei Tsuang's Function Collection
>     * Libipc - Functions for Inter-process
Communication
>     * Re - 2D Regridding
>
> Please consult:
>
>     http://opengrads.org/doc/
>
> for an online version of the documentation.
>
> The Poisson solver extension Fish has been revised
for robusteness and ease of use. It now provides
functions fish_psi(u,v) and fish_chi(u,v) for
computing streamfunction/velocity potential from the
wind components.